The JSJ Foundation was established in 1983, and we’ve since invested over $7 million in education, humanities and arts, health, the environment, and human and social service programs. It’s important for us to give back where it will be most needed. That’s why we contribute to those causes, programs, and organizations in our communities where we work, live, and play. Wherever a JSJ business is located, we’re capable of helping.
The JSJ Corporation Contributions Committee meets quarterly to review project and event-specific grants with awards up to $500.
The JSJ Foundation meets annually to review capital and operational grants. Requests must be submitted by November 1.
We make contributions to causes, programs, and organizations that:
- are in the areas of education, humanities and arts, health, the environment, human and social services;
- are located in the general geographic areas where JSJ employees and shareholders reside;
- or have a JSJ employee involved in the particular charity/event.
The Corporation and Foundation will generally not support the following:
- participation as a sponsor/patron, where such expenditure includes a table/team sponsorship;
- healthcare and/or specific disease-related organizations;
- requests from individuals;
- or events such as golf outings.